We are currently in the process of releasing Tap to Pay on iPhone and Tap to Pay on Android for Venmo business profiles.
- Look for the “Charge” button on your business profile home screen to get started. If you don’t see a "Charge" button, make sure you have the latest version of Venmo installed on your device.
Which devices are compatible with Tap to Pay on iPhone?
Tap to Pay on iPhone requires iPhone XS running iOS 16 or later.
How do I set up Tap to Pay on iPhone for my business profile?
1. To get started, look for the "Charge” button on your business profile home page in the Venmo app. Read through the info on the next page, then tap “Set up Tap to Pay” to continue.
- Note: All businesses are required to complete identity verification before using Tap to Pay on iPhone. Learn more about identity verification for business profiles.
- Registered businesses who haven’t yet completed Beneficial Owner verification will also be required to do so before getting started with Tap to Pay. Learn more about Beneficial Owner verification.
2. Next, we’ll ask for some personal info like your date of birth and SSN or ITIN (if you haven’t already provided this info in association with your business). We’re required to do an identity check before providing access to this feature, but your Tap to Pay on iPhone sign-up does not include a credit check.
- We may ask for some supporting documents if we can’t verify your info automatically. If this happens, please allow a few days for our team to review your info. We’ll let you know once we’ve completed our review.
3. Once your info is verified, make sure that we have the correct address on file for your Tap to Pay on iPhone receipts. By default, we’ll use the same public contact information you provided when creating your business profile. If needed, you can update this address later under your business profile settings. Tap “Confirm” or “Skip” to proceed.
4. You’re almost there! Review the Terms and Conditions for Tap to Pay on iPhone and connect your Apple ID (or use a different one). You will also need to enable a passcode on your device for security purposes.
And that’s a wrap! You should be all set to start accepting contactless payments with Tap to Pay on iPhone. Just tap the "Charge” button again to start your first charge.
Are there any other requirements for using Tap to Pay on iPhone?
Yes. Access to your location (while using the Venmo app) is required to use Tap to Pay on iPhone. You can grant Venmo access to your location from your device’s Settings.