We are currently in the process of releasing Tap to Pay on iPhone and Tap to Pay on Android for Venmo business profiles.
- Look for the “Charge” button on your business profile home screen to get started. If you don’t see a "Charge" button, make sure you have the latest version of Venmo installed on your device.
Which operating systems are compatible with Tap to Pay on Android?
Tap to Pay on Android requires an operating system of Android Oreo or later.
How do I set up Tap to Pay for my business profile?
1. To get started, look for the "Charge” button on your business profile home page in the Venmo app. Read through the info on the next page, then tap “Set up Tap to Pay” to continue.
- Note: All businesses are required to complete identity verification before using Tap to Pay on Android. Learn more about identity verification for business profiles.
- Registered businesses who haven’t yet completed Beneficial Owner verification will also be required to do so before getting started with Tap to Pay. Learn more about Beneficial Owner verification.
2. Next, we’ll ask for some personal info like your date of birth and SSN or ITIN (if you haven’t already provided this info in association with your business). We’re required to do an identity check before providing access to this feature, but your Tap to Pay sign-up does not include a credit check.
- We may ask for some supporting documents if we can’t verify your info automatically. If this happens, please allow a few days for our team to review your info. We’ll let you know once we’ve completed our review.
3. Once your info is verified, make sure that we have the correct address on file for your Tap to Pay receipts. By default, we’ll use the same public contact information you provided when creating your business profile. If needed, you can update this address later under your business profile settings. Tap “Confirm” or “Skip” to proceed.
And that’s a wrap! You should be all set to start accepting contactless payments with Tap to Pay. Just tap the "Charge" button again to start your first charge.
Are there any other requirements for using Tap to Pay on Android?
Yes. Check the following in your device settings to ensure that you can accept payments with Tap to Pay on Android:
- NFC must be enabled
- Developer options must be Off
- Date and time must be up to date (we recommend auto-sync with your network)
- Location permissions must be enabled