Check out this guide for help with adding a bank account to your Venmo profile.
To add a bank account to your Venmo profile from a computer, click here and select "Link Bank Account". Then, follow the instructions on the page.
To add a bank account from the Venmo app:
- Go to the "Me" tab by tapping your picture or initials
- Go to the Wallet section
- Tap “Add a bank or card...” and then select “Bank”
- Select your preferred verification method
Please see this image for help identifying the account and routing numbers for your bank account:
There are a few important things to keep in mind when you add your bank account manually (using the account and routing numbers):
- Do not enter the check number that appears after your account number. This can cause transfers to fail or be rejected by your bank.
- When you add your bank account to Venmo manually, we'll send "microtransfers" to your bank account and withdraw them to verify ownership (these will each be $1 or less). To avoid any overdraft or other bank fees, make sure you have at least $2 in your bank account.
Once you add a bank account to Venmo, we strongly recommend that you verify it before initiating any transfers. Venmo is not responsible for lost bank transfers as a result of incorrect bank credentials. Learn more about verifying your bank account on Venmo.
Why am I getting an error when I try to add my bank to Venmo?
If you’re trying to add your bank account using instant verification, make sure you’re using the correct login information. There’s a limit to how many times you can attempt to add a bank account using instant verification in one day, so you may need to wait until the next day to try again.
You can also try adding the bank account using manual verification, but keep in mind it takes at least 1 full business day to complete this verification process (and you can’t make payments from the bank account until it’s verified).
If you need to send a payment right away, try adding the debit card associated with your bank account instead.
My spouse/partner added our joint bank account to Venmo without issue. Why can't I add it too?
If you’re unable to add your shared bank account to Venmo, our system may not let you add that bank account. You can try adding the debit card associated with that bank account or have the other account holder contact us to trade ownership of the bank account on Venmo.