To help keep your Venmo account safe, you can create a PIN as another layer of security. Once you enable this feature, the Venmo app will ask for your PIN every time the app is opened on your device. You may also be asked to confirm your PIN when sending payments to other Venmo users.
To set up a PIN, follow these steps in your Venmo app:
- Go to the Me tab by tapping your picture or initials
- Tap the Settings gear at the top of your screen
- Select Face ID & PIN (iOS) or PIN code & biometric unlock (Android)
- Tap the toggle to enable or disable the PIN feature
- Create and confirm your PIN
Please note that you must have Face ID, Touch ID, or Fingerprint enabled in your general device settings in order to use those features on Venmo.
If you have a business profile, you may also have the option to create a PIN for each of your profiles in the app. Learn more about profile PINs here.