If you already have access to your Venmo account on an old device, try signing in there, then follow these steps to update your phone number:
- Navigate to your Settings
- In the app, tap Account, then Phone Number
- Enter and verify your new phone number
If you don't have access to your Venmo account, check out Signing in from a new device below.
Note: If you have an existing Venmo account, please DON’T create a new account with your new phone number. You can only create one account per individual, as outlined in our User Agreement.
When you sign in, a code may be sent to the phone number registered with your Venmo account. Enter this code when prompted to verify your ownership of the account.
Never share this code with anyone else. Venmo will never ask you to provide your six-digit code on a phone call, text message, email, or chat. Venmo will never ask you to send us money on another payment platform. For more information on how verification codes work, you can read up here.
For more information on how Venmo requests documents and information, click here.
Signing in from a new device
If you're unable to log in from an old device, follow these steps to get started on a new phone or computer:
- On the login screen, enter your username, email address or old phone number along with your password.
- You’ll see a screen that offers to send the six-digit code to your old phone number
- If you see “Other options to confirm your identity…” or, “I don’t have access to this phone,” click on the link for an alternate way to confirm your identity.
- If you DON’T see a link or don’t have the information to confirm your identity, please contact our Support team with all of the following information:
- Your full name
- Email address and old phone number associated with your Venmo account
- For a bank, the full routing number and last 4 digits of your bank account number OR, if you’re providing a card, the first 6 digits and last 4 digits of the card number
- Please do not provide the full card number or bank account number for your security
Once you’re logged in, go to the Settings menu to update your phone number.
If Venmo is sending the code to your current phone number and you’re still not receiving it, please visit this page.