When you sign in from a device we don’t recognize as yours, a code is sent to the phone number registered with your Venmo account. Entering this code correctly confirms your identity to help secure your Venmo account. For more information on how this works, you can read up here.
If you have a new phone number, here are some steps to update it. First, from a computer, head to www.venmo.com and enter your username, email address or old phone number along with your password. You’ll see a screen that offers to send the 6 digit sign in code to your old phone number. From here there are two possible options.
Option 1: You see a link, “I don’t have access to this phone”
- Click on the link, “I don’t have access to this phone”, located under the Send Code button.
- An alternate way to confirm your identity will be presented on the next screen.
Option 2: There is NO “I don’t have access to this phone” link, or you no longer have the information to confirm your identity.
- No worries, we can still help! (Note: it may take a 1-2 days to complete this process).
- Please contact our Support team and be sure to include the following information to expedite the process.
- Your full name.
- Email address and old phone number associated with your Venmo account.
- Name of the bank/card issuer along with the last four digits of the bank/card.
Once you’re logged in, you can go into the Settings menu on the app or Venmo.com to update your phone number.