I don’t have that phone number anymore.
When you sign in from a device we don’t recognize as yours, a code is sent to the phone number registered with your Venmo account. Entering this code correctly confirms your identity. For more information on how this works, you can read up here.
If you have a new phone number, you can follow the steps below to update it:
- From a computer, head to www.venmo.com and enter your username, email address or old phone number along with your password.
- You’ll see a screen that offers to send the 6 digit sign in code to your old phone number. Please click “I don’t have access to this phone” (located under the Send Code button).
- An alternate way to confirm your identity will be presented on the next screen. Please note that this option is not available to all users. If you’re not seeing the link for this step, please see below.
- Once you’re logged in, you can go into your Settings to update your phone number.
If you do not see the option to click “I don’t have access to this phone”, don’t worry - we can still get you logged in! (Note: it may take a couple days to complete this process)
Please contact our Support team and be sure to include the following information to expedite the process
- Your full name
- Email address and old phone number associated with your Venmo account