American Express® Card Members now have the option to enroll to split eligible Card purchase amounts directly from the American Express® App with Venmo users. You can do so by following these steps:
1. Make sure you have the most up-to-date versions of the Venmo and American Express
2. Log in to the Amex App and tap on the Account hub. Then select Split Purchases and follow the process to enroll and link your Venmo account. You will receive a success message confirming you have successfully linked to Venmo.
3. To split a purchase, go to the Amex App and select an eligible transaction in the Home tab and tap the “Split It” icon. Then select “Split with Venmo” and enter the email address or phone number of a contact(s) you want to split the purchase with. The total amount will be divided between the contacts you selected.
4. To complete the split request, tap “Review with Venmo” and then “Request Now.”
Note: You won’t be able to change any details of the split request(s) once it has been sent.
5. When your friend(s) accepts the request and pays you back, the money will be applied to
your Venmo account.