If you’re eligible for a business profile, you’ll see the option to create one a few places within the Venmo app: Tap your photo in the top-left corner, or tap the ☰ button at the top of the app and open Settings. If you see the option to “Create Business Profile," tap it to get started. (Make sure your Venmo app is updated to the current version.)
Once your business profile is set up, you can toggle between it and your personal profile by tapping your photo in the top-left corner of the app. You’ll use your existing login info (not your business profile username) to log into your Venmo account to access either profile. We’ll also use your existing email address to send you notifications about both profiles.
When you create a business profile, we’ll request information from you that will be visible to other Venmo users:
- Profile photo: The profile pic for your business profile
- Background photo: The cover photo for your profile. We’ll automatically add one if you don’t have a distinct image you want to use
- Business name and username: A unique name and Venmo username for your business. These need to be different from the name and username on your personal Venmo profile. If you enter your existing username in the “Business username” field, you’ll be asked to enter a new personal username
- Description: Describe your business to your customers in 155 characters or less. No URLs can be added to this description
- Primary business category: Choose the category that most closely describes your business
- Contact methods: Any contact methods or social media profiles you’d like to provide for customers to reach you. Keep in mind these will be public for all Venmo users, and you’re required to enter at least one
- Business address: If you didn’t provide your business address to be made public, we’ll ask you to enter it privately for legal purposes
If you’re a registered business, we’ll also request the following information to verify your business and to facilitate communication with you (This information will be private and is not shared with your customers):
- Legal business name
- Business address
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Registration type
- Business phone number
- Business contact's address
Please note: We cannot edit this information after your business profile is created.
Once your business profile is published, you can still edit your photo, username, description, address, and contact methods. While signed into your business profile, tap the ☰ button at the top of the app and open Settings. Then, tap “Edit business profile.” Enter any changes you’d like to make, and then tap “Save.” If you need to make any changes to your business name or category, you’ll need to contact Support. Please note that editing your business type (sole proprietor or registered business) is currently unavailable.