How does Refer a Friend work?
Venmo is currently offering the opportunity for users to earn a bonus for inviting their friends. Additionally, friends who use referral links can earn a $5.00 bonus.
Both you and your friend can earn $5.00 through the referral program if the following criteria are met:
- Your friend uses your referral link to sign up or enters a referral code after creating their Venmo account
- Your friend makes a $5.00 payment to another user within 14 days of the link creation
Note: Referrers can earn up to 5 referral bonuses (for a maximum total of $25.00 in referral bonuses). Additional terms apply.
How many referral bonuses can I get by inviting my friends?
As a referrer, you can earn up to five $5.00 bonuses (for a maximum $25.00) when your friends complete the criteria for the bonus.
Additional terms apply.
How fast do I get my bonus after my friend signs up and makes a payment?
If your friend has used your referral link or code to sign up and make their first $5.00 payment within 14 days of the creation of the referral link, you should receive your bonus within 24 hours (if you haven’t already received the maximum number of bonuses).
You’ll also receive a notification when your friend successfully completes the criteria for your bonus.
How can I share my link to a potential referee?
You can invite your friends to sign up for Venmo by tapping the “☰” icon at the top of the app, and selecting “Invite friends, earn $5”.
From there, you can choose to share your link by message, email, social media, or have the option to manually paste your link or code into a different communication of your choice. You must only share your link and code with people you know. You may never publicly post it in group forums that are likely to include people you do not personally know.
My friend invited me, how do I sign up and get my $5.00?
When your friend invites you to Venmo, they should have provided a referral link or code via email, text message, or social media. You can click on this link and sign up for a personal Venmo account. Alternatively, you can sign up for a Venmo account and then enter the referral code on your personal profile page. If you sign up via the link and make a minimum $5.00 payment to another Venmo user within 14 days of your referring friend creating the link, you’ll receive $5.00 in your Venmo account provided you and your referring friend have both complied with all applicable terms.
By participating in Venmo referral promotion (the "Program"), you agree to the following terms and conditions ("Terms"). Venmo may at any time and in its sole discretion, without prior notice, terminate, cancel, suspend or modify the Program or these terms. If you are the person inviting friends to participate, you are a "referrer" under these terms, and if you are a person who receives an invitation, you are a "referee."
Eligibility and Overview
- You may participate in this Program as a referrer until the Program is terminated or modified by Venmo. If you refer a referee prior to Venmo’s termination or modification of the program, you and such referees will still be eligible to earn the reward described below even if the referee does not fulfill the Reward Criteria (defined below) before such termination or modification.
- To be eligible to earn rewards through the Program, each referrer and referee must have (or sign up for, in the case of referees) a Venmo account in good standing (“Valid Account”) at the time of participation through when his/her reward(s) are issued.
- A referrer may refer a referee by sending them an email, text, or social post that includes a link to participate in the Program, as provided by Venmo (“Invitation”). Each referee must complete all the following steps (“Reward Criteria”) within fourteen (14) days of the date on which the referrer’s referral link was created Pacific Time):
- Sign up for a Valid Account for the first time via the link sent by the referrer. To be eligible, referee’s phone number or email used to sign up cannot have been previously associated with a Venmo account. Signing up for a Valid Account may require certain actions to verify the Valid Account and is subject to the Venmo User Agreement; and
- Use the “Pay or Request” functionality to make a payment of $5 or more via the Venmo app.
Limits on Referrals: Referrers may only refer family and personal friends and acquaintances. Additionally, you must not publish or distribute the Invitation link or notifications received from Venmo containing the link online or otherwise where the audience is likely to include people who are not your family or personal friends/acquaintances. If you do so, Venmo may disqualify you from participation in the Program and any successful referrals will be void, in Venmo’s sole discretion. There is a limit of one (1) reward per referee Valid Account and five (5) rewards per referrer Valid Account. If two or more referrers invite the same referee, Venmo will credit the reward to the person who has their Invitation accepted first, as determined in Venmo's sole discretion. If a referrer has reached their limit of 5, referees that were referred by referee prior to reaching the limit will still be eligible to earn their reward provided all required steps are met and these Terms are otherwise complied with.
Reward: The reward is a $5 USD sent to the Valid Account that qualified for the reward. Rewards should post to your Valid Account within approximately twenty-four (24) hours but may take up to two weeks.
Receiving and Using Rewards:
- Venmo reserves the right to limit, cancel, delay, or revoke a reward if Venmo determines, in its sole discretion, that an Eligible Participant has violated these Terms or the Venmo User Agreement or has acted in a fraudulent or abusive manner, or if Venmo restricts or closes their Valid Account pursuant to the Venmo User Agreement.
- Venmo may provide an alternate reward of equal value if it is unable for any reason to fulfill the reward. Reward redemptions are final, will not be returned, and are subject to review and verification.
- Venmo is not responsible and/or liable if any e-mail, reward, referrals, or Program-related materials or correspondence are lost, fraudulent, abusive, stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, interrupted, delayed, altered, defective, misdirected, tampered with, or irregular in any way or if any participant’s e-mail address, Valid Account, or other contact information does not work, is deleted, or is changed without participant giving prior written notice to Venmo.
- Program is void where prohibited or if Eligible Participant’s accounts or transactions are fraudulent, abusive, not completed through legitimate channels, in violation of these Terms, or irregular in any way.
Governing Law: This Promotion is governed by California law. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and the Venmo User Agreement. Any questions relating to the offer will be resolved in Venmo’s sole discretion and its decisions related to the offer will be final and binding.
Sponsor: Venmo, a PayPal, Inc. service, 117 Barrow St., New York, NY 10014