Your business could win $500! Venmo is finishing summer with a bang by giving $500 to 500 business profiles. Receive 10 payments to your business profile by September 6th, and you’ll be entered for a chance to win.*
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER, WHO ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED AND RESIDE IN THE UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHO ARE HOLDERS OF A VALID BUSINESS PROFILE ON VENMO IN GOOD STANDING AT THE TIME OF ENTRY AND THROUGH THE TIME OF PRIZE AWARD. PARTICIPATION AND RECEIPT OF THE PRIZE IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE VENMO USER AGREEMENT. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility: Business Profile Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old and have a valid business profile on Venmo in good standing at the time of entry through the time the prize is awarded. Employees of PayPal, Inc. Merkle Inc., and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, domestic partner, parents, legal guardians, siblings, legal wards and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor: PayPal, Inc., 2211 N. First Street, San Jose, California 95131. Administrator: Merkle Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
- Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on August 25,2021 at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on September 6, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the "Promotion Period").
- How to Enter:
- During the Promotion Period, invite your customers to use Venmo to pay you for your businesses’ products and/or services (each minimum allowable payment is $5), (herein referred to “Valid Payment”). If during the Promotion Period, you receive ten (10) Valid Payments you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes drawing.
- The time and date Valid Payment is based on the time and date that the payment is marked as “completed” in Venmo’s systems. A payment that is returned, refunded, or otherwise not completed during the Promotion Period will not qualify and therefore may result in entrant not receiving an entry. Regardless of the number of Valid Payments made in excess of ten (10) during the Promotion Period, entrant will only receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry.
- Entrants will be advised if they have met the above requirements and earned one (1) Sweepstakes entry on or around September 14, 2021 by email from the Sponsor. If you would like to be included in the Sweepstakes, take no action. If you would like to Opt-Out of this Sweepstakes, respond to Sponsor’s email within two (2) calendar days and provide your business profile username and Venmo email address in the opt-out form here. If timely received, you will be removed from the Sweepstakes drawings.
- Limit: 1 entry per person/Venmo business profile. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Venmo business profile. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain entries by using multiple/different Venmo business profiles, identities, or any other fraudulent methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address used to create entrant’s Venmo business profile. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
- Prize Drawing: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes drawings and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period on or around September 20, 2021. The potential winners will be notified by email on or around September 24, 2021. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner forfeits the prize or is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
- FIVE HUNDRED (500) PRIZES: $500 transferred to winner’s Venmo account. Retail Value of each prize is $500.
- Venmo accounts must remain in good standing through the time of prize award. Prize amounts will be distributed within approximately 10 business days of verification of all winners, subject to the Venmo User Agreement. If winner does not accept or use the entire prize, the unaccepted or unused part of the prize will be forfeited, and Sponsor will have no further obligation with respect to that prize or portion of the prize. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for the applicable social platform used to enter during the Promotion Period. Limit: one (1) prize per person.
- Release: By participating, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, Apple Inc., and any promotional partners, each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliate, and related companies, and each of its and their respective officers, directors, members, representatives, employees, and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim, or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Sweepstakes or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy. EACH ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT ALL RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY OF THE UNITED STATES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVED BY HIM/HER. SECTION 1542 READS AS FOLLOWS:“CERTAIN CLAIMS NOT AFFECTED BY A GENERAL RELEASE. A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: In its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to: (a) void participation of any participant who Sponsor believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play in this Sweepstakes; (b) disqualify any participant at any time (even if disqualified winner or potential winner may have been notified or displayed or announced anywhere), if Sponsor determines at any time in its sole discretion that such participant is ineligible, in violation of the Official Rules, or engaging in behavior that Sponsor deems obnoxious, inappropriate, threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (c) restrict or void entries or participation from any entrant if any suspicious entry and/or participation is detected; (d) cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and distribute the prize in a manner deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor if the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason; (e) disqualify any participant that supplies false information, obtains entries by fraudulent means or is otherwise determined to be in violation of the Official Rules in an attempt to obtain any prize (and in such case, that person may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law). Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The invalidity or un-enforceability of any provision of these Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules will otherwise remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) errors, typos or misprints in these Official Rules, in any promotion-related advertisements or other materials; (6) electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages; (7) if an entrant’s e-mail address, or other contact information does not work or is changed without entrant giving prior written notice to Sponsor or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for Delaware or the appropriate Delaware State Court; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Delaware without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Delaware or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Delaware.
- Winner List: For a winner list, visit https://bit.ly/3B4cQTV. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2021 Merkle Inc. All rights reserved.
Apple Inc. is not a sponsor or have any involvement with this Sweepstakes.