Want to get your charity in front of more Venmo users? Learn about your charity profile marketing preferences.
What does it mean to market my business on Venmo?
Managing your marketing preferences can help spread the word about your charity to the Venmo community. Depending on your preferences (selected in your Settings), Venmo may market your charity profile in Venmo feeds, searches, and emails.
Venmo wants to help you maximize your presence to existing and potential donors. These features are designed to let people know who you are, and what your charity does.
To make changes to your charity profile marketing preferences, follow these steps in the Venmo app:
- Go to your charity profile (you may need to switch over from your personal profile first)
- On the Profile tab, tap the Settings gear
- Tap Market your business on Venmo
What do these marketing features do?
There are five marketing features that can be selected independently:
- Search: Turn this on if you want your charity to appear in search results on Venmo. If you’re the top charity result for a donor’s query, we’ll include additional details like photos you’ve uploaded and the names of any friends who’ve paid you.
- Feed: Enable this for donations sent to your charity profile to appear in the feed
- Email: Venmo can send emails and notifications to people showcasing your charity profile information
- Use business address for marketing: Toggle this on to display your charity’s business address in search results, emails, and in Venmo users' feeds
- Market beyond physical location: If your charity isn’t limited by your geographic location
What if I have privacy concerns?
As a verified charity on Venmo, you’ll have full control over your marketing settings. You can disable any or all of these five features individually.
These features are designed to draw attention from existing and potential donors, and ultimately increase the volume of donations you can collect on Venmo.
If you’d rather disable these features, you can toggle them off after selecting Market your business on Venmo from your charity profile Settings menu in the Venmo app.
Are these marketing features available for personal accounts?
At this time, marketing features are only available to business profiles and charity profiles.