If Venmo is sending a verification code to an old phone number or email address, check out these steps for getting back into your account.
What is this code that Venmo wants to send me?
All Venmo accounts are protected by Multifactor Authentication (MFA). Learn more about login security on Venmo.
I’m trying to sign in, but Venmo is sending a code to an old phone number or email address I no longer have.
If your phone was lost or stolen, learn more about securing your Venmo account.
If you no longer have the phone number or email address on file with your account, try signing in from a computer you’ve previously used to access Venmo. You may be able to skip the security code challenge and then update your information once you get into your account.
If you’re unable to log in from an old device, follow these steps to get access to your account:
- On the login screen, enter your username, email address or old phone number along with your password
- You should see a screen that offers to send a six-digit security code to your old phone number or email address
- If you see it, tap Other options to confirm your identity or I don’t have access to this phone to confirm your identity through other means
- If you don’t see those options, contact our Support team to verify your identity. Please provide the following information:
- Your full name
- Email address and old phone number associated with your Venmo account
- For a bank, the full routing number and last 4 digits of your bank account number OR, if you’re providing a card, the first 6 digits and last 4 digits of the card number
- Please do not provide the full card number or bank account number for your security
Once you’re logged in, update your phone number to prevent further access issues.
Venmo is sending a code to a phone number I don’t recognize.
Don't worry: Without your password, whoever received the code will not be able to access your Venmo account (neither personal nor business profile). If you're concerned that the recipient of the code knows your password, you can reset your password.
If you’re concerned that someone has access to an old device of yours that was still logged into your Venmo account, learn how to delete remembered devices from your Venmo account.