If you're trying to add a debit or credit card to Venmo, check out this helpful guide.
How can I add a card to my Venmo account from the web?
To add a card to your Venmo account from a computer, go to your payment methods then follow these steps:
- Click "Add bank or card"
- Select "Debit or credit card" then add your card information
How can I add a card to my Venmo account from the app?
If you’re on the Venmo app, follow these steps to add your card:
- Go to the "Me" tab by tapping your picture or initials
- Go to the Wallet section
- Tap “Add bank or card...” and then tap “Card”
- Add your card information manually or with your phone’s camera
Are there fees for using a credit card on Venmo?
Payments funded by credit cards are subject to our standard 3% fee. However, making purchases from authorized merchants does not incur a Venmo transaction fee, even if you use a credit card.
- See this article for info about purchasing online with Venmo
- See this article for info about purchasing in stores
Some credit card providers also charge cash advance fees (possibly including an additional dollar amount or percentage rate, in addition to other possible cash advance service fees, including a higher APR) if you use your credit card to make payments to friends on Venmo. For more information about whether your card provider charges these fees, contact your card provider.
I'm getting an error when I try to add my card
If you’re having trouble adding your credit or debit card to Venmo, the best thing to do is reach out to your card issuer to confirm that there are no issues. Oftentimes cards are declined because of a recent zip code or address change - your card issuer should be able to tell you more.
- Note: You cannot transfer funds from your Venmo account to a credit card. To transfer to your bank you will need to add an eligible debit card (for instant transfers, a 1.75% fee with a minimum fee of $0.25 and a maximum fee of $25 is deducted from the transfer amount for each transfer) or a bank account (for standard transfers, no fee; for instant transfers, a 1.75% fee with a minimum fee of $0.25 and a maximum fee of $25 is deducted from the transfer amount for each transfer). Learn more about fees on Venmo.