What does it mean to market my business on Venmo?
Venmo’s business profile settings are designed to manage your marketing preferences. It will help spread the word about your business to the Venmo community. Dependent on your preferences in the “Settings” menu of the app, we’ll market you in Venmo feeds, searches, and emails.
Venmo wants to help you maximize your presence to existing and potential customers. The features are designed to let people know who you are, and where your business excels. You can always toggle this functionality on and off at any time.
What if I have privacy concerns?
As a business on Venmo, you’ll have full control over your marketing settings. You can disable any or all of these five features individually.:
Venmo is constantly trying to improve the experience of our users, including business profile account holders. These features are designed to draw attention from existing and potential customers, and ultimately increase your sales.
If you’d rather disable these features, it’s easy to toggle them off in the “Market your business on Venmo” menu inside the “Settings” menu of the app. Please reach out to us if you’d like us to confirm your settings are set to your desired customization.
You can always return to this menu and turn any of these features back on at any time.
Are these new features available for personal accounts?
At this time, marketing features are only available to Business Profiles.
See this article for more information on how to create a business profile.
What do these new features do?
There are five features that can be selected independently:
- Search: Turn this on if you want your business to appear when people search for businesses on Venmo
- Feed: Enable this for your business to appear in the feed
- Email: Venmo can send emails and notifications to people showcasing your business profile information
- Use business address for marketing: Toggle this on to display your business address in search results, emails, and in Venmo users' feeds
- Market beyond physical location: If your business isn’t limited by your geographic location (e.g., you ship goods to your customers)