Thanks for posting on the Venmo app or mentioning Venmo in a social media post. With your approval, your post could show up on a Venmo marketing or product page, social media post, or potentially be featured in other marketing, such as emails. If you are at least 18 years old, please agree to these Terms by replying “Yes” or #YesVenmo in the comments of the post or wherever we contacted you.
As between you and Venmo, you represent and warrant that you own all rights, content, and information that you post or share on Venmo or that mentions @Venmo, describes or references Venmo when using a social media platform, or which you otherwise make available to us (e.g., through third party service providers, social media sites, blogs, etc.), including, but not limited to, your name, comments, photos, videos and other media (collectively, “User Content”), provided that User Content does not include rights to any underlying Venmo owned materials such as our name or logo.
You grant Venmo, a PayPal, Inc. service (collectively, with its parent, affiliates, employees, contractors, agents, representatives, successors, assigns, licensees, transferees, and anyone acting under the authority or permission of such parties, “Venmo”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) a license to reproduce, display, perform, distribute, publish, edit, modify, and otherwise use (collectively, “Use”) your User Content on Venmo.com and for other Venmo marketing purposes including, without limitation, on other Venmo websites, in email and other consumer communications, on social media platforms, and in other media whether now known or developed in the future, as well as in any language and in combination with any image, text, audio, items, people or things whatsoever (collectively, “License”).
The License is non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, unqualified, fully paid-up, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferrable, and universe-wide:
- Non-exclusive means that you grant us a license to your User Content but that you may still use your User Content for your own purposes or let others use it for their purposes.
- Fully-paid and royalty free means we do not owe you anything else in connection with our Use of your User Content.
- Sublicensable and transferrable means we may grant others the right to Use your User Content and that we may transfer this right to others, even without notifying you.
- Universe-wide means we may exercise these rights to your User Content anywhere in the universe.
- Irrevocable and perpetual means that the License cannot be revoked and lasts forever. Similarly, you waive all rights of privacy or publicity associated with our Use of your User Content, as well as all rights to inspect or approve our Use.
You warrant and represent that: You are at least 18 years of age; you own all rights to your User Content or, alternatively, that you have the right to give Venmo the rights described above; your User Content does not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or other legal rights of any third party.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless against any losses, liabilities, claims expenses (including attorney’s fees) arising out of your breach of any representation or warranty in these Terms, any third party claim regarding our use of your User Content, or any action taken by you that is inconsistent with the rights you grant us in these Terms.
Lastly, you acknowledge and agree that: (i) these Terms are intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of California, (ii) if any portion of these Terms are held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be stricken and the remainder of these Terms will continue in full force and effect; and (iii) these Terms are governed by, and interpreted in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without regard to conflict of law principles.