Learn about limits for moving money in and out of your personal Venmo account.
Transferring to your bank account
There are a few limits for moving money from Venmo to your bank account:
- If you have not yet completed identity verification, you can send up to $999.99 to your bank per week (depending on security checks at Venmo)
- If you’ve confirmed your identity, you can transfer up to $19,999.99 to your bank per week
- There’s a $5,000 per transfer limit. If you want to transfer more than $5,000, you’ll need to initiate multiple transfers.
- If you are using instant transfer, you’ll need to make a transfer of at least $0.26 – you can’t transfer less than $0.25 using instant transfer.
Transfers can be declined for reasons other than the limit.
Transferring money into Venmo
Some Venmo users have the option to add money to their Venmo account, though this isn’t required to make payments on Venmo.
- You can add up to $1,500.00 per week using Standard Add Funds (depending on security checks at Venmo)
- Instant Add Money has a separate limit of $500 per week
Weekly Rolling Limits
Most transaction limits on your account are rolling weekly limits. This means that a transaction counts against a limit for exactly one week from the time of authorization. For example, if you initiate a standard bank transfer on a Monday at 11:00 AM, that transfer will no longer count against your limit at 11:01 AM the following Monday.
Limits are subject to periodic review and may be changed based on your Venmo Account history, activity, and other factors, including but not limited to, your Venmo Mastercard Debit Card activity. Venmo retains sole discretion to apply and change limits.