Learn about limits for moving money in and out of your personal Venmo account.
Transferring to your bank account
There are a few limits for moving money from Venmo to your bank account:
- If you have not yet completed identity verification, you can send up to $999.99 to your bank per week (depending on security checks at Venmo)
- If you’ve confirmed your identity, you can transfer up to $19,999.99 to your bank per week
- There’s a $5,000 per transfer limit. You'll need to initiate multiple transfers if you want to transfer more than $5,000.
- If you are using instant transfer, you’ll need to transfer at least $0.26 – you can’t transfer less than $0.25 using instant transfer.
Transfers can be declined for reasons other than the limit.
Transferring money to Venmo
Some Venmo users can add money to their Venmo account, though this isn’t required to make payments on Venmo.
- You may be able to add up to $10,000 per week using your bank to add money
- Adding money from a debit card has a separate limit of $2,000 per week
It’s important to remember that these types of transfers can be declined for reasons other than the limits.
Weekly Rolling Limits
Most transaction limits on your account are rolling weekly limits. This means that a transaction counts against a limit for precisely one week from the time of authorization. For example, if you initiate a standard bank transfer on a Monday at 11:00 AM, that transfer will no longer count against your limit at 11:01 AM the following Monday.
Limits are subject to periodic review and may be changed based on your Venmo Account history, activity, and other factors, including but not limited to your Venmo Mastercard Debit Card activity. Venmo retains sole discretion to apply and change limits.