When you open a Venmo Account, and before your identity has been verified, a $299.99 weekly rolling limit is applied for all transactions combined. See below for instructions on how to verify your identity.
If your identity has been verified, your limits are as follows:
All transactions combined (sending funds, Authorized Merchant Payments, and Venmo Mastercard® purchases combined): $4,999.99 weekly rolling limit
- Sending funds (payments to and accepted requests from other Venmo users: $2,999.99 weekly rolling limit
- Authorized Merchant Payments: $2,000 per purchase, 30 transactions per day
- Venmo Mastercard Specific Limits
- Purchases: $3,000 per purchase
- ATM, over the counter withdrawals and cash back with purchase transactions: $400 daily limit (resets at midnight CST)
- Reloads: $500 weekly rolling limit (effective October 12th, 2018)
Limits are subject to periodic review and may be changed based on your Venmo Account history, activity, and other factors, including but not limited to your Venmo Mastercard activity. Venmo retains sole discretion to apply and change limits.
Weekly rolling limits
If you send a payment or make a purchase on a Monday at 11 AM ET, then at exactly 11:01 AM ET the following Monday, that payment or purchase will no longer count against your limit.
Verifying your identity
You will need to add the last four digits of your SSN, your zip code, and your birthdate to your Venmo Account by logging in from a computer and visiting this page. We may also request additional information or documentation to verify your identity.
Raising your limit
Sorry, we do not accept requests to increase your limits beyond those described.
The Venmo Mastercard is issued by The Bancorp Bank pursuant to license by Mastercard International Incorporated. The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC. Card may be used everywhere Mastercard is accepted in the U.S. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.