When opening a Venmo Account, a $299.99 weekly rolling limit is applied for payments and purchases. This is for the Venmo Account only, not including the Venmo card, and means that the combined total of all Venmo Account transactions cannot exceed $299.99 in a given seven (7) day period.
If your identity has been verified, your limits are as follows:
- Venmo Account, Authorized merchant payments, and Venmo Visa debit card:
- Sending funds (payments and accepted requests) - $2,999.99 weekly rolling limit
- Authorized merchant payments - $2,000 per transaction
- Venmo Visa debit card transactions - $2,000 per transaction
- Venmo Mastercard®:
- Venmo Mastercard purchases - $3,000 per purchase
- Venmo Mastercard ATM, over the counter withdrawals and cash back with purchase transactions - $400 daily limit (resets at midnight CST)
The rolling weekly limit for all transactions combined is $4,999.99. Note: any transactions conducted using your Venmo Account will also count toward your Card limits. For example, if you send $2,500.00 through your Venmo Account in a given week, you will be limited to $2,499.99 in card or authorized merchant transactions during that week.
In addition, you may not conduct more than 30 Authorized Merchant Payments per day. See the Venmo User Agreement for more information on Authorized Merchant Payments.
If you send a payment or make a purchase on a Monday at 11 AM ET, then at exactly 11:01 AM ET the following Monday, that payment or purchase will no longer count against your limit.
Confirming your identity
You will need to add the last four digits of your SSN, your zip code, and your birthdate to your Venmo Account by logging in from a computer and visiting this page. We may also request additional information or documentation to verify your identity.
Raising your limit
We cannot increase your limits beyond those described above.
The Venmo Mastercard is issued by The Bancorp Bank pursuant to license by Mastercard International Incorporated. The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC. Card may be used everywhere Mastercard is accepted in the U.S. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.