As noted in the Venmo User Agreement, limits are subject to periodic review and may be changed based on your Venmo Account history, activity, and other factors, including but not limited to, your Venmo Mastercard® activity. Venmo retains sole discretion to apply and change limits.
When you open a Venmo Account, and before your identity has been verified, a $299.99 weekly rolling limit is applied for all transactions combined. See below for instructions on how to verify your identity.
If your identity has been verified, your limits are as follows:
All transactions combined (sending funds, Authorized Merchant Payments, and Venmo Mastercard purchases combined): $4,999.99 weekly rolling limit
- Sending funds (payments to and accepted requests from other Venmo users): $2,999.99 weekly rolling limit
- Authorized Merchant Payments (payments for goods or services via mobile websites or apps of merchants approved by Venmo): $2,000 per purchase, 30 transactions per day
- Venmo Mastercard Specific Limits
- Venmo may adjust your reload limit - to view your personal reload limit amount, please visit Settings → Venmo Card in the Venmo app
- Purchases: $3,000 per purchase
- Reloads: $100 weekly rolling limit* (applicable when reloads are offered to you and enabled)
- ATM, over the counter withdrawals, and cash back with purchase transactions: $400 daily limit (resets at midnight CST)
Limits are subject to periodic review and may be changed based on your Venmo Account history, activity, and other factors, including but not limited to, your Venmo Mastercard activity. Venmo retains sole discretion to apply and change limits.
Weekly rolling limits
A transaction counts against your weekly rolling limit for exactly one week following the time of the transaction. So, for example, if you send a payment, make a purchase, or if a reload is triggered* on a Monday at 11 AM, then at exactly 11:01 AM the following Monday, that payment, purchase, or reload will no longer count against your limit.
Verifying your identity
For more information on verifying your identity, please visit this article.
Raising your limit
Sorry, we do not accept requests to increase your limits beyond those described.
*Anticipated reloads on pending Venmo card purchases, and any reloads triggered in the past rolling week, count against your limit. Find your pending and completed purchases in the Purchases section of the Venmo app. For more information about reloads, visit this page.
The Venmo Mastercard is issued by The Bancorp Bank pursuant to license by Mastercard International Incorporated. The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC. Card may be used everywhere Mastercard is accepted in the U.S. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.