To view your complete transaction history or statement, log into your Venmo profile from a web browser (not the Venmo app). Click “Statement” or click here to view your transaction history.
You can then download your transaction history as a CSV file by clicking the “Download CSV” button next to the date selection.
Note: You can view any period of your entire transaction history from the beginning of your account, but you can only view or download one month at a time.
- If you need to access multiple months, you’ll need to select each month and view/download them individually
You can also view all the payments you’ve made and received by clicking here.
You can see your transaction history in the Venmo app as well. If you’re on the old version of the app (with a ☰ in the top right corner), you can see your personal transactions feed by tapping the “$☰” icon to the right of your friends feed. If you’re on the new version of the app (without a ☰ icon) go to the “You” tab by selecting the single person icon to see your transaction feed.
For information about transaction history notification emails, please click here.
I need to access a full statement in preparation for tax season
- Follow the steps above to access and view your statement one month at a time. (You can’t access the entire year all at once)
- If you’re using a business profile on Venmo, visit this article for more information on tax reporting
- If you don’t have a business profile but frequently use Venmo to sell goods or services, we recommend exploring business profiles. Some benefits of creating a business profile include, but are not limited to:
- Increased visibility for your business in the Venmo app
- Ability to generate referrals among socially engaged Venmo users
- Options to provide potential customers with more information about your business in the app, including links to a website and social media accounts
- Formal tax documentation for business profiles that meet or exceed federal and state reporting thresholds