To view your complete transaction history or statement, log into your Venmo profile from a web browser (not the Venmo app). Click “Statement” or click here to view your transaction history.
You can then download your transaction history as a CSV file by clicking the “Download CSV” button next to the date selection.
Note: You can view any period of your entire transaction history from the beginning of your account, but you can only view or download up to 90 days at a time.
- If you need to access a period of time longer than 90 days, you’ll need to search multiple date ranges and view/download them separately
- For example: If you need to access your transaction history for all of 2020, you’ll need to access four separate date ranges: Jan 1 – Mar 31; Apr 1 – Jun 30; Jul 1 – Sep 30; Oct 1 – Dec 31
- If you’re having trouble accessing the specific range you want, try adjusting the end date before you adjust the start date
You can also view all the payments you’ve made and received by clicking here or by choosing the personal feed within the app.
For information about transaction history notification emails, please click here.
I need to access a full statement for 2020 in preparation for tax season
- Follow the steps above to access and view your statement 90 days at a time. (You can’t access the entire year all at once)
- If you’re using a business profile on Venmo, visit this article for more information on tax reporting
- If you don’t have a business profile but are using Venmo to sell goods or services, we recommend creating one. Visit this article for information on setting up a business profile