To view your complete transaction history or statement, log into your Venmo profile from a web browser (not the Venmo app). Click “Statement” or click here to view your transaction history.
You can then download your transaction history as a CSV file by clicking the “Download CSV” button next to the date selection.
Note: You can view any period of your entire transaction history from the beginning of your account, but you can only view or download one month at a time.
- If you need to access multiple months, you’ll need to select each month and view/download them individually
You can also view all the payments you’ve made and received by clicking here or by choosing your personal transactions feed (the “$☰” icon to the right of your friends feed) within the app.
For information about transaction history notification emails, please click here.
I need to access a full statement in preparation for tax season
- Follow the steps above to access and view your statement one month at a time. (You can’t access the entire year all at once)
- If you’re using a business profile on Venmo, visit this article for more information on tax reporting
- If you don’t have a business profile but frequently use Venmo to sell goods or services, we recommend exploring business profiles. Some benefits of creating a business profile include, but are not limited to:
- Increased visibility for your business in the Venmo app
- Ability to generate referrals among socially engaged Venmo users
- Options to provide potential customers with more information about your business in the app, including links to a website and social media accounts
- Formal tax documentation for business profiles that meet or exceed federal and state reporting thresholds