How does Refer a Friend work?
If you are a Venmo Visa® Credit Cardholder with a Venmo account in good standing, you can earn a $50 referral reward in your Venmo account through the referral program if the following criteria are met:
- You find the Refer a Friend offer presented to you in the Venmo app or other communication channel
- You send the referral link included in the offer to your Venmo friend(s)
- Your Venmo friend, who must have a Venmo account open for at least 30 days and in good standing, uses your referral link from a mobile device to apply for the Venmo Credit Card in the Venmo app (app version 9.7 or greater) within fourteen (14) calendar days of the link creation
- Your Venmo friend is subsequently approved for the Venmo Credit Card
How many referral rewards can I get by inviting my friends?
As a referrer, you can earn up to (10) $50 referral rewards (for a maximum $500) when your Venmo friends meet the criteria already mentioned. Additional terms apply. More details below.
How fast do I get my referral reward after my Venmo friend is approved for the Venmo Credit Card?
If your Venmo friend uses your referral link to apply for the Venmo Credit Card from a mobile device in the Venmo app (app version 9.7 or greater) within 14 days of the creation of the referral link and is subsequently approved for the card, you will be sent a notification about your referral reward and receive it (if you haven’t already received the maximum) within approximately 24 hours, but it may take up to 2 weeks. Due to the confidential nature of the credit approval process, we will not disclose any information to you about who has applied.
How can I share my referral link with a Venmo friend?
You can invite your Venmo friends to apply for the Venmo Credit Card from a mobile device in the Venmo app (app version 9.7 or greater) by tapping the “Share your link” button on the Venmo Credit Card referral offer screen in the Venmo app or as otherwise communicated to you.
From there, you can choose to share your referral link by text message, email, social media, or have the option to manually paste your referral link into a different communication channel of your choice. You may only share your link with people you know, and may not publicly post it in group forums that are likely to include people you don’t personally know as stated in the Venmo User Agreement.
By participating in the Venmo Credit Card referral promotion (the "Program"), you agree to the following terms and conditions ("Terms"). Venmo and Synchrony may at any time and in its sole discretion, without prior notice, terminate, cancel, suspend or modify the Program or these terms. Under these terms, if you are the person inviting friends to apply, you are a "referrer" and the Venmo friend who receives your referral link is a “referee”.
Eligibility and Overview
- You may participate in this Program as a referrer until the Program is terminated or modified by Venmo or Synchrony.
- To be eligible to earn referral rewards through the Program, referrer must be 18 years old (or age of majority in their state of residence) and have a Venmo account in good standing for at least 30 days (“Valid Venmo Account”) and a Venmo Credit Card account in good standing at the time of participation through when the referral reward(s) are issued. In addition, each referee must apply for a new Venmo Credit Card account by tapping on the referral link from their mobile device and submit their application using the Venmo app (app version 9.7 or greater), and subsequently be approved for the card, in order for referrer to be eligible to earn a referral reward.
- A referrer may refer a referee by sending them an email, text, social post or other communication that includes a referral link, as provided by Venmo (“Invitation”).
- Each referee must complete all the following steps (“Reward Criteria”):
- Apply for the Venmo Credit Card in the Venmo app (app version 9.7 or greater) using their mobile device and the referral link provided by the referrer within 14 calendar days of the link creation.
- Subsequently be approved for a Venmo Credit Card.
Limits on Referrals: Referrers may only refer family and personal friends and acquaintances. Additionally, you must not publish or distribute the Invitation, the referral link, or any notifications received from Venmo containing the referral link online or otherwise where the audience is likely to include people who are not your family or personal friends and acquaintances. If you do so, Venmo may disqualify you from participation in the Program and any successful referrals will be void, in Venmo’s sole discretion. There is a limit of ten (10) referral rewards per referrer Venmo Credit Card Account. If two or more referrers invite the same referee, Venmo will credit the referral reward to the person who has their Invitation accepted first, as determined in Venmo's sole discretion.
Referral Reward: The referral reward is $50 USD, sent to the Valid Venmo Account that qualified for the referral reward for each successful referral. Referral rewards should post to your Valid Venmo Account within approximately twenty-four (24) hours but may take up to two weeks.
Receiving and Using Referral Rewards:
- Venmo reserves the right to limit, cancel, delay, or revoke a referral reward if Venmo determines, in its sole discretion, that a referrer or referee has violated these Terms or the Venmo User Agreement or has acted in a fraudulent or abusive manner, or if Venmo restricts or closes their Valid Venmo Account pursuant to the Venmo User Agreement and/or the Valid Venmo Credit Card is restricted or closed pursuant to the Venmo Credit Card Account Agreement.
- Venmo may provide an alternate referral reward of equal value if it is unable for any reason to fulfill the referral reward. Referral reward redemptions are final, will not be returned, and are subject to review and verification.
- Venmo is not responsible and/or liable if any e-mail, referral reward, referrals, or Program-related materials or correspondence are lost, fraudulent, abused, stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, interrupted, delayed, altered, defective, misdirected, tampered with, or irregular in any way or if any referrer’s e-mail address, Valid Venmo Account, or other contact information does not work, is deleted, or is changed without referrer’s giving prior written notice to Venmo.
- Program is void where prohibited or if referrer or referee(s)’ accounts or transactions are fraudulent, abusive, not completed through legitimate channels, in violation of these Terms, or irregular in any way.
Governing Law: This Program is governed by the laws set forth in your Venmo Credit Card Account Agreement and Venmo User Agreement, as applicable. By participating in the Program, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and the Venmo Cardholder agreement and Venmo User Agreement. Any questions relating to the Program will be resolved in Venmo’s sole discretion and its decisions related to the Program will be final and binding.
Sponsor: Venmo, a PayPal, Inc. service, 117 Barrow St., New York, NY 10014