Create a unique Venmo profile for your charity and gain access to millions of Venmo users who can donate and learn about your charity all from their Venmo app.
Who can create a charity profile?
Venmo charity profiles are available for charitable organizations (and 501c3s) that have created an account and confirmed their charity status with our parent company, PayPal. By confirming your charity status with PayPal, you’ll gain the ability to create a charity profile on Venmo and collect donations from an engaged community of donors on our platform.
What are the benefits of creating a Venmo charity profile?
Charity profiles are easy to set up and come with quite a few benefits, including:
- A blue checkmark badge to show donors that your charity is verified
- Increased visibility on Venmo with enhanced and shareable posts from donors
- Low transaction fees of 1.9% + $0.10 per donation received
- Donation history and account statements, complete with donor contact information
- Same-day access to funds from donations (fees apply)
- Separate wallet for personal payments and transactions
- Photo gallery to help tell your charity’s story
- QR code and QR Kits for collecting touch-free donations in person
How can I create a charity profile?
First, navigate to PayPal's Business Tools page for charity profiles or search for Venmo in your Business Tools. Then, select "Get Started".
If you're already a PayPal Charity, we’ll bring you over to Venmo to sign up for a new account or sign in if you already have a Venmo account.
- If you’re creating a new account, you’ll need to enter and verify your mobile phone number by following the prompts on your screen. Then, choose an email address and password for your account and agree to Venmo’s terms and conditions.
Next, we’ll gather your information from PayPal to start creating your Venmo charity profile. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Enter a username, description, category, and keywords to help donors find your charity profile
- Enter your contact information and provide any social media or website links you wish to include on your profile
- Preview your charity profile and tap “Publish”
What info is being shared between PayPal and Venmo for my charity profile?
By creating a Venmo charity profile and connecting your PayPal account to Venmo, you give us permission to collect information about you and your charity.
- Personal information: Includes your Full name, Email, Account verification status, and PayPal ID
- Charity information: Includes your Business Address, Business Category, Business Email, Business Name, Business Owners, Business Registration Information, Business Type, Business Subcategory, and Tax Identifier
I don’t have a PayPal account. Can I still create a Venmo charity profile?
You’ll need a PayPal Business account in order to set up a charity profile on Venmo. After creating your Business account with PayPal, you can confirm your charity status and gain the ability to create a Venmo charity profile.
Learn more about getting started with a PayPal Business account for your charity.
How can I convert my Venmo business profile to a charity profile?
There isn’t a way to convert an existing business profile into a charity profile or to use your contact information on more than one Venmo account. You can create a charity profile with a new phone number and email address or contact us for help closing your current account so you can start over.
Can Venmo charity profiles be managed on the web?
There isn’t a way to manage your charity profile via the web. What you can access from the web are your charity profile transaction history and statements. Here’s how:
- Log into your Venmo account from a web browser
- Click “Statement” from the sidebar
- Select your charity profile from the dropdown at the top of your screen
It’s worth noting that donors will still be able to donate to your charity using a web browser.