Charity profiles have their own unique features and settings. Learn about making changes to your charity profile and how it differs from your personal profile.
How can I make changes to my charity profile?
Charity profiles can be managed entirely from your Venmo app. After you’ve signed in and toggled to your charity profile, tap the gear at the top of your screen to access your Settings.
- To make changes to public, donor-facing details on your charity profile, tap Edit Profile from the Settings menu
- Tap Payment Methods to connect a bank account
- Tap Face ID & PIN (iOS) or PIN code & biometric unlock (Android) to enable PINs for your profiles
- Tap Privacy to make changes to the privacy settings for donations you receive
Note: We cannot edit this information after your charity profile is created (This information will be private and is not shared with your customers):
- Legal charity name
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Registration type
- Charity phone number
- Charity contact address
- Business type (registered business)
- Registered business type (non-profit, corporation, or partnership)
If you need to make any changes to your charity name or category, you’ll need to contact Support.
How can I spread the word about my charity on Venmo?
Tap the Share button at the bottom of your charity profile to share your profile via text or email, or download your QR code image.
Want more ways to share? Check out Marketing your business on Venmo from the Settings menu to make changes to your marketing preferences. Here’s a breakdown of what these preferences do:
- Search – Allow donors to find your charity in search results on Venmo
- Feed – Enable Venmo to highlight your charity in the feed with enhanced posts highlighting your profile
- Email – Enable Venmo to highlight your charity in Marketing emails sent to other Venmo users
- Use business address for marketing – Enable Venmo to use your charity’s business address for location-specific marketing
- Market beyond physical location – Expand your reach by enabling Venmo to include your charity in marketing materials not specific to your location
Donors can also share posts in the Venmo feed after donating to your charity. When shared, these posts will feature your charity’s profile and background photos, along with a Donate button so their friends can easily begin a donation without having to search for your profile.
How can I view my charity profile?
Tap View profile from your charity profile home screen for a preview of what donors see when they visit your profile.
Can I use my charity profile to send payments or donations to other Venmo profiles?
Charity profiles are designed to receive donations only. If you need to make an outgoing payment to another profile on Venmo, you can use the toggle at the top of your home screen to switch to your personal profile.