By editing your account settings, you can change your profile (name, username, email, bio), phone number, banks, cards, notifications, social networks, Touch ID, PIN, privacy, sharing, and nearby settings. Please note that you can only cancel your account on the web.
In our app
- Once you're logged in, tap the "☰" icon at the top of the app
- Tap on Settings
- You can choose which settings you'd like to update from the list
On the web
- Navigate to the Venmo Settings page here
- Choose which settings to update from the various tabs
If you need to change your primary funding source for payments, please follow the instructions here.
Can I customize the notifications I get from Venmo?
You can customize the types of notifications that are sent to you. Here’s how:
- Tap the "☰" icon at the top of the app
- Tap "Settings" and then tap "Notifications"
- Customize the alerts to your personal preference
Please note that the email notifications cannot be turned off for the following:
- Payment received
- Payment sent
- Payment requests to you
- Payment requests from you declined
- Payment requests to you cancelled
- Payment requests from you that were accepted
- Monthly or quarterly statements
If you have a business profile and a personal profile, you can adjust the notifications for each profile separately. In the Venmo app, you can tap your photo in the top-left corner to toggle between profiles to adjust the individual settings.
What kinds of push notifications will I get if I opt into Account and Product Updates or Discounts and Promotions?
Some Venmo users have two additional options for push notifications. If you opt in for Account and Product updates you will receive push notifications about your account. This can include notifications that you have money in your Venmo account or a reminder that your Venmo Debit Card is arriving.
If you opt into Discounts and Promotions you will receive notification about the different offers available with Venmo.