If you already have a verified bank account on Venmo, you can jump to step 3 of this article.
1. Add a bank account
For more information on how to link a new bank account, please see our help article about linking a bank account. Note that funds from Venmo can only be transferred directly to a linked bank account, not to a debit or credit card.
2. Verify your bank account (RECOMMENDED)
For more information on how to verify your bank account, please see our help article about verifying your bank account.
We strongly recommend that you verify your account before transferring funds to your bank account to ensure that the funds arrive successfully. Venmo is not responsible for lost transfers to bank as a result of incorrectly entered bank credentials.
3. Transfer funds to bank account
Once you have added your bank account and verified it, click here to transfer funds to your bank account if you're using a computer.
In the app:
- Tap the "☰" icon in the upper left corner of the app
- Tap "Transfer to Bank"
- Enter the amount you would like to transfer to your bank and tap the blue "Transfer" button
- On Android phones, you will need to tap the green “Confirm Transfer to Bank” button
For information on when your bank transfer is expected to arrive in your bank account, click here.