If you’re receiving unwanted comments or payments from users that you don’t know, or simply don’t want to see someone’s activity in your feed, you have the option to block them in the app!
- Log in to the Venmo app on your iPhone or Android device
- Tap the "☰" icon at the top of the app
- Tap “Search People” to find the user that you want to block
- Once you’re on their profile page, tap the three circles in the upper right corner of the screen
- You should see an option to block the user in red
This will ensure that the user will not show up in your Venmo network, and they won’t be able to search for you in the app (and vice versa). Most importantly, the other user won’t be able to send or request any payments from you.
Note: for this to take effect, you will need to logout of the app and back in after blocking the other user.
If you ever want to unblock a user, just head to your Settings > Block Users and you’ll be all set!