Getting familiar with us this article will help you understand sending or requesting money on Venmo.
How can I send a payment or request money with Venmo?
Here’s how to send or request money from the Venmo app:
- Tap Pay/Request at the bottom of the screen
- Search and add the person you want to pay or charge
- Enter an amount and add a note
- Tap Request or Pay
To quickly pay or charge one of your top payment partners, you can tap their avatar at the top of the Home tab in your Venmo app.
You can also send payments and requests after signing in to your Venmo account on the web. Tap Pay or Request from the sidebar and follow the above steps.
How can I pay multiple people at once?
To pay more than one person at a time, you'll need to add everyone as a recipient before sending your payment.
- Tap the Pay/Request button at the bottom of your screen
- Search for or tap on the name of your first recipient
- Next to the first recipient’s name, tap the plus icon (+)
- Search for and select your remaining payment partners
- Tap "Next" at the bottom of your screen
- Enter the amount of money you’d like to pay each person and a payment note
- Tap "Pay" or "Request"
There are a few things you'll want to remember about sending payments to more than one person:
- The same payment note will be visible to all of each your payment partners
- You'll want to make separate payments for differing payment notes
Do I need to add money to Venmo to pay someone?
Nope! You don’t need to add money to Venmo to make payments. If you're unsure about which payment method will be used for a specific payment, you can always check the bottom of the screen where you enter all your payment details to see which payment method will be used.
If you don't see Venmo Balance as an option, you'll need to verify your identity. Learn more about verifying your identity on Venmo.
I’m having trouble splitting a payment or request.
Before sending the payment, you can edit the total or the individual amounts to make sure each person receives the amount you want. If you receive an error message, the amounts you added may not match. Clear out your inputs and try again.