Getting familiar with us this article will help you understand sending or requesting money on Venmo.
How can I send a payment or request money with Venmo?
Here’s how to send or request money:
- Tap Pay/Request at the bottom of the screen
- Search and add the person you want to
- Enter an amount and add a note
- Tap Request or Pay
How can I pay multiple people at once?
To pay more than one person at a time, you'll need to add everyone as a recipient before sending your payment. Here's how:
- Tap the Pay/Request button at the bottom of your screen
Search for or tap on the name of your first recipient
Next to the first recipient’s name, tap the plus icon (+)
- Search for and select your remaining payment partners
- Tap "Next" at the bottom of your screen
- Enter the amount of money you’d like to pay each person and a payment note
- Tap "Pay" or "Request"
There are a few things you'll want to remember about sending payments to more than one person:
- Each recipient will receive the same amount of money, and the same payment note will be visible to all of each your payment partners
- You'll want to make separate payments for differing amounts and/or separate payment notes
- You'll need to be friends or previous payment partners with the recipients you select for group payments
Do I need to add money to Venmo to pay someone?
Nope! You don’t need to add money to Venmo to make payments. If you're unsure about which payment method will be used for a specific payment, you can always check the bottom of the screen where you enter all your payment details to see which payment method will be used.
Learn more about money in your Venmo account and Venmo balance.
If you don't see Venmo Balance as an option, you'll need to verify your identity. Learn more about verifying your identity on Venmo.