Eligible American Express® Card Members have the option to enroll to split pending and posted Card purchases directly from the American Express® App with Venmo users. You can do so by following these steps:
- Make sure you have the most up-to-date versions of the Venmo and American Express apps.
- Log in to the Amex App and tap on the Account hub. Then select Amex Send & Split and follow the process to enroll and link your Venmo account. You will receive a success message confirming you have successfully linked to Venmo.
- To split a purchase, go to the Amex App and select an eligible transaction in the Home tab and tap the “Split It” icon. Then select “Split with Venmo” and enter the email address or phone number of the contact(s) you want to split the purchase with. The total amount will be divided between the contacts you selected.
- To complete the split request, tap “Review with Venmo” and then “Send Request.”
- Note: You won’t be able to change any details of the split request(s) once it has been sent.
- When your friend(s) accepts the request and pays you back, the money will either be applied to your Venmo account or as a statement credit to your American Express® Card account, depending on which pay back option you selected. To learn more, please visit americanexpress.com/sendandsplit.