Trouble with a standard or instant bank transfer? Look here for more info.
Can you cancel my bank transfer?
Generally, it isn’t possible to cancel a bank transfer.
There's a very short timeframe between when you initiate a standard bank transfer and when Venmo sends the transfer to your bank, and it isn't possible to stop a transfer once it leaves our system. To avoid running into any issues, be sure to double-check which type of transfer you’ve selected before tapping the green button.
Instant transfers cannot be cancelled after they’ve been initiated.
Where’s my bank transfer?
After you start a transfer successfully, you’ll see a green check mark confirming that your transfer has begun. If the money from your bank transfer hasn’t arrived, there are a few things to consider:
- Check the status of your transfer in the Venmo app.
- Instant transfer may show as pending. It can take around 30 minutes for the transfer to complete. It’s also best to check the last 4 digits of the bank or card used for the transfer, so you can confirm where the funds were sent.
- Standard transfers can take up to three business days to arrive in your bank. Learn more about bank transfer timelines.
- If your transfer shows as completed on Venmo, check your bank statement or contact your bank.
- Instant transfers will appear as an original credit transaction (OCT) or a real-time payment, not an ACH/ direct deposit
- Standard transfers are sent as ACH deposits with the note “VENMO-0 CASHOUT” and may be back-dated up to two days earlier on your statement
- If your transfer is neither with Venmo nor your bank, it’s possible that the transfer is still being processed. Learn more about bank transfer timelines on Venmo. If you need more help, please contact our Support team for assistance.
Why is my Instant Transfer less than I expected?
Instant transfer fees are deducted from each transfer amount. For each transaction, the minimum fee is $0.25, and the maximum fee is $25, so you’ll have to keep these amounts in mind when transferring. Also, you can look at your personal feed in the Venmo app to see the actual transfer amount and that the fee was applied. If you need to transfer less than $0.25, our Standard Bank Transfer option is still free to use.