NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER, WHO ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED AND RESIDE IN THE UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
A VENMO ACCOUNT IN GOOD STANDING WHERE USER HAS COMPLETED IDENTITY VERIFICATION WITHIN THE VENMO APP (SEE SETTINGS FOR DETAILS) IS REQUIRED TO RECEIVE A PRIZE. PARTICIPATION AND RECEIPT OF THE PRIZE IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE VENMO USER AGREEMENT. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES YOU AGREE TO THESE RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR FROM YOU.
- Eligibility: Pay With Venmo Giveaway Sponsored by PayPal (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of PayPal, Inc. Merkle Inc., and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, domestic partner, parents, legal guardians, siblings, legal wards and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor: PayPal, Inc., 2211 N. First Street, San Jose, California 95131. Administrator: Merkle Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
- Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on March 16, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on April 4, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the "Promotion Period").
- How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter:
A. Use Venmo to make a Qualified Purchase: During the Promotion Period, use Venmo to make a payment of at least $5 to any of the following “Merchants” (herein “Qualified Purchase”):
- Uber Eats
- Fresh Direct
- WECO Hospitality
- Stitch Fix
- Abercrombie & Fitch
- Hollister Co.
- Carter’s Retail Inc.
- The Children’s Place, Inc.
- Crate & Barrel
- Pottery Barn
- Pottery Barn Kids
- West Elm
- Williams Sonoma, Inc.
- Hertz Rent-A-Car
- Front Gate Tickets
- Ticketmaster LLC
- NYC Dept of Finance
- Victoria’s Secret
Note that the time and date that the payment is marked as “completed” in Venmo’s systems must occur during the Promotion Period for the payment to be deemed a Qualified Purchase and you will automatically earn one (1) Sweepstakes entry. A payment that is returned, refunded, or otherwise not completed during the Promotion Period will not qualify as a Qualified Purchase and therefore may result in entrant not receiving an entry.
If you make Qualified Purchase during the Promotion Period but wish to opt-out of this Sweepstakes: Locate the opt-out option on our “Promotional Site” at https://venmo.com/venmogo/, follow the instructions and agree to opt out. You must Opt-Out by March 28, 2022. Upon timely receipt, you will be removed from the prize drawing.
B. Free Mail in Method: Print your name, address, phone number, email address, and date of birth on a piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to Pay With Venmo Giveaway, Sponsored by PayPal,” c/o Merkle Inc., P.O. Box 5222, Department 852319, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5222. You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: One (1) entry per envelope. All mail-in entries must be handwritten and must be postmarked by April 4, 2022 and received by April 11, 2022. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
Limit: Ten (10) entries per person by any combination of the entry methods. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Venmo account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain entries by using multiple/different Venmo account, identities, or any other fraudulent methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address used to create entrant’s Venmo account. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
- Prize Drawing: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes drawings and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period on or around April 18, 2022. The potential winners (who entered by making a purchase) will be notified with a Venmo payment. Potential winners who entered by mail, will be notify by email from Administrator and will be required to create a Venmo account and provide the email address associated with their Venmo account within 5 days of the date of the winner notification in order to claim the prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner forfeits the prize or is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
- Prizes: ONE THOUSAND (1,000) PRIZES: $100 transferred to winner’s Venmo account. Retail Value of each prize is $100. If a selected winner entered by the mail in entry method, winner will be required to create a Venmo account to claim the prize.
Venmo accounts must remain in good standing through the time of prize award. Prize amounts will be distributed within approximately 10 business days of verification of all winners, subject to the Venmo User Agreement. If winner does not accept or use the entire prize, the unaccepted or unused part of the prize will be forfeited, and Sponsor will have no further obligation with respect to that prize or portion of the prize. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Limit: one (1) prize per person. Total ARV of all prizes is $100,000.
- Release: By participating, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, Apple Inc., Merchants identified in Section 4(a) and any promotional partners, each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliate, and related companies, and each of its and their respective officers, directors, members, representatives, employees, and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim, or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Sweepstakes or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy. EACH ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT ALL RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY OF THE UNITED STATES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVED BY HIM/HER. SECTION 1542 READS AS FOLLOWS: “CERTAIN CLAIMS NOT AFFECTED BY A GENERAL RELEASE. A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: In its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to: (a) void participation of any participant who Sponsor believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play in this Sweepstakes; (b) disqualify any participant at any time (even if disqualified winner or potential winner may have been notified or displayed or announced anywhere), if Sponsor determines at any time in its sole discretion that such participant is ineligible, in violation of the Official Rules, or engaging in behavior that Sponsor deems obnoxious, inappropriate, threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (c) restrict or void entries or participation from any entrant if any suspicious entry and/or participation is detected; (d) cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and distribute the prize in a manner deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor if the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason; (e) disqualify any participant that supplies false information, obtains entries by fraudulent means or is otherwise determined to be in violation of the Official Rules in an attempt to obtain any prize (and in such case, that person may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law). Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules will otherwise remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) errors, typos or misprints in these Official Rules, in any promotion-related advertisements or other materials; (6) electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages; (7) if an entrant’s e-mail address, or other contact information does not work or is changed without entrant giving prior written notice to Sponsor or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for Delaware or the appropriate Delaware State Court; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Delaware without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Delaware or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Delaware.
- Winner List: For a winner list, visit https://bit.ly/3sGjTks. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2021 Merkle Inc. All rights reserved.
Neither Apple Inc. nor any of the Merchants are a sponsor or have any involvement with this Sweepstakes.